Urban Land Development

Urban Subdivision

When is a Subdivision Required?

Subdivision is required whenever the legal boundaries of a parcel of land need to be changed. This includes residential, rural, commercial, industrial, and crown land.

Contact a Registered Professional Surveyor first

When thinking about subdivision, a Registered Professional Surveyor should be consulted in the first instance. A Registered Professional Surveyor is best placed to manage the entire project and coordinate the contributions of other professionals. McKinlay Surveyors can guide you through the process from the initial investigation to the issue of new land titles.

Contact Us Today

The Urban Subdivision Process

The Urban Subdivision process

  • Consult with a Registered Professional Surveyor
  • Survey site investigation and search of current land title records
  • Obtain landscape and engineering assessments and reports
  • Submit a Resource Consent application to the local authority
  • Complete the land surveying and the land transfer plans
  • Fulfilment of the conditions of the resource consent
  • Obtain final council approvals and sign-off
  • Lodge the survey data with Land Information New Zealand
  • Issue of new land titles

The Result – New and Better Uses for your Land

When the land transfer plan has been deposited the new land titles can be issued for the new lots on the plan. With the issue of new land titles the landowner is empowered to proceed with the intended use of the site, arrange required finance, and use the land as security for finance. The new lots can now be transferred to new owners - and so the community grows.

Contact Us Today

Engineering Survey and Design

No matter what size, your development requires the survey, design and management skills of a Registered Professional Surveyor. Utilising modem optical and electronic instruments, surveyors also provide site surveys and precise control for all civil and structural works. They are key professionals in all aspects of large and small engineering projects. 

Engineering Survey and Design Services include

  • Urban development and subdivision
  • Concept, design and planning
  • Topographical and 'as-built' surveys
  • Design of roads and drainage infrastructure
  • Construction project management
  • Supervision and contract administration
Contact Us Today

Our Urban Services

 An initial consultation with a Registered Professional Surveyor is essential for anyone wanting to subdivide land. McKinlay Surveyors will understand your requirements and support you through the subdivision process.

Our Urban Land Development Services include

  •  Subdivision for residential land use
  • Design for urban land development
  • Subdivision resource consent applications
  • Fee Simple or Unit Title subdivision
  • Land development civil engineering design
  • Site survey control and building line set-out
  • Project management
Contact Us Today
Graham says...

Graham says...

"The most impressive thing with them is their contact with the local council, and their ability to get on top of the work and get stuff surveyed off, and to the requirements of council. I'd definitely recommend them to others. Their service is excellent."

View Other Testimonials